Graviola or the Soursop is one of the most famous fruit, which has a high content of minerals and vitamins. Not only the fruit, but the entire tree of Graviola, remains intact with it health benefiting attributes. Apart from just eating the raw fruit, every part of the plant, including the fruit can be taken in various forms.
- Graviola or Soursop leaves if taken in the system helps in treating gout by lowering the uric acid content in the body. 6 – 10 leaves of Graviola with 2 cups of water can be boiled to drink one cup twice a day, for effective cure.
- The Graviola extract as obtained from its leaves, help prevent infections, lowering down the viruses, bacteria and parasites growth. The intake must be drunk hot once a day.
- The Graviola fruit can be directly eaten raw, once or twice in a day for positive health related effects.
- The delicious fruit, sour in taste can also be used to make Graviola drinks and frozen desserts. This is a good source for a delicacy delight and the medicinal connect it contains, along with.
- Tea prepared from the Graviola bark and leaves is bitter in taste. This tea is used incuring number of ailments and diseases like- insomnia, hypo- and hypertension, seizures and even diabetes.
- Graviola oil prepared by crushing the leaves and unripen fruit of the plant acts as the best aid to dermatological problems like- boils, sores, rashes, etc. It can be prepared and applied to the entire body by mixing in some relevant oil like Olive oil for visible results. This oil can also be used for treatment of neuralgia, rheumatism and arthritis.
- Graviola powder as prepared by crushing its blackseeds has a pesticide effect for human body.This powder can be well used to treat both external and internal parasites of our body like head lice,etc.
- Graviola supplements are also sold on the market under different pharmaceutical company brands. The selection of one such product must be strictly made on the basis of physician advice. Also the dosage for the same must not exceed the directions, as suggested by the doctor. In case of non-adherence to the same, unfavourable outcomes could come up.
The appropriate usage and intake of Graviola depends on multiple factors like- age, health, and several other conditions. Intake of Graviola in normal quantity as a normal fruit is always helpful, but taking about the supplements or drug intake, one has to be very careful. It is mandatory to follow relevant physician directions in such cases.